AAGEX is looking for a Fleet Dispatcher to fill a new position in their Jacksonville, Florida corporate offices. To see more about the open position, continue reading below…
Job Title: Fleet Dispatcher
Job summary: The primary duty of the Fleet Dispatcher position is to successfully coordinate owner operators on a daily basis to ensure the maximum productivity of fleet capacity.
The fast pace of the logistics industry makes a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. AAGEX empowers you to make sound decisions, source new business and organically grow existing business, enabling you to determine your own career success.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Assist in the daily coordination of fleet and drivers
- Contribute information necessary in invoicing, routing, driver settlements, maintenance, and other administrative functions integral to the operation’s success
- Assist in the maintenance of DOT compliance
- Act as a liaison between corporate, customers, drivers, safety, etc to ensure that requirements are met
Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- At least 2 years of fleet management experience
- Four year college degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven track record in the transportation industry including a strong background in dispatch
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to creatively solve problems as needed
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with large volume and critical delivery parameters
- Strong time management and organization skills with great attention to detail
- Knowledge of DOT regulations is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Required Hours of the Job: Varies, but average work day is 8:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Report-to for the Job: The Fleet Dispatcher position will report to the VP of Operations.
Interested in this job? Please email AGXCAREER@AGXFREIGHT.COM
***AAGEX reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description in any way AAGEX desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.” Qualified employees who, because of a physical or mental impairment that significantly limits a major life activity, require a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of position should notify their manager or human resources.***